Full Privacy Statement
- "Wage Dashboard" means Wage Dashboard website provided by Living Analytics Research Centre, School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University (SMU), whose principal place of business is 80 Stamford Road, Singapore 178902.
- “Wage Dashboard Research” means scientific research that Wage Dashboard performs with the intent to publish in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. Wage Dashboard Research only uses images provided by users.
- "R&D" means research and development activities performed by Wage Dashboard on user data. These activities may include, among other things, improving our Services and/or offering new products and services to you; performing quality control activities; conducting data analysis.
- "Service" or "Services" means Wage Dashboard's software, services, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
- "Personal Data" is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Wage Dashboard collects and stores the following types of Personal Data:
- "User Content" is all information, data, text, messages, or other materials generated by users of Wage Dashboard Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Wage Dashboard.
- "Web Behavior Information" is information on how you use the Wage Dashboard website (e.g. browser type, domains, pageviews) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
How We Use Personal Data
Wage Dashboard collects Personal Data from you for all purposes necessary to ensure availability of our Services. These include, among other things, providing you with our Services; improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; contacting you to obtain testimonials or for other promotional purposes; performing quality control activities; conducting other R&D; and, upon your authorization, conducting Wage Dashboard Research.
Wage Dashboard may provide your Personal Data to our third-party service providers, which are companies and people that help us provide, understand and improve our Services. For example, we may use service providers to help host our website, send emails, implement our marketing campaigns, measure the effectiveness of our advertising, conduct surveys or polls, obtain testimonials, or otherwise help us run or improve our business. In all instances, our service providers act on Wage Dashboard’s behalf and we require by contract that they protect the confidentiality of any information they receive from us.
How We Use User Content and Web Behavior Information
Wage Dashboard uses User Content to provide our Services and improve the overall user experience. By submitting, posting, or displaying User Content, you give Wage Dashboard a non-exclusive license to use any User Content that you submit, post, or display on or through the Services, as further described in the Terms of Service. Wage Dashboard may make such User Content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals with whom Wage Dashboard has relationships, and to use such User Content in connection with the provision of those services. Wage Dashboard, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may also (a) transmit or distribute your User Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services, or media.
Web Behavior Information is collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology during a visit to the Wage Dashboard website. Web Behavior Information is used to improve our Services and the overall user experience, and if you have given consent to participate in Wage Dashboard Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, your Web Behavior Information may be used and disclosed to third parties in aggregate form for Wage Dashboard Research intended to be published in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal. If you do not give consent to participate in Wage Dashboard Research, we may still use your Web Behavior Information for R&D purposes as described above, which may include disclosure of aggregated Web Behavior Information to third-party non-commercial partners who will not publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal.
Log Files. When users visit our website, Wage Dashboard gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data (i.e. a list of pages or URLs visited). This information may be linked to a particular user’s profile ID. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movements around the site, identify and resolve issues, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Web Beacons. A web beacon is a clear graphic image that is loaded by your web browser when it accesses a website and that records a user's visit to a particular web page. We, or third parties that work for us, may place cookies and web beacons on our website, in our emails, and in our advertisements that appear on other websites or in emails sent by others that mention our services with our permission. The purpose of our web beacons is to support operation of our website and to offer additional services through targeted advertisements. For example, we may use beacons to determine when someone views a web page, count how many individuals visit our website after clicking advertisements placed on other websites. Web beacons may also help us determine the effectiveness of an email campaign because the beacons can count the number of individuals who open an email or forward it to others. We use this Web Behavior Information to better tailor our marketing to you and may also use this information to customize content on our website, enable a shopping cart, or conduct research. Third parties only collect anonymous Web Behavior Information through the use of web beacons, allowing statistical analysis relating to the performance of our advertising.
If you wish to disable web beacons, it is possible to prevent your browser from loading them, although there is not currently a standard method for doing so.
We do not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level Personal Data without your explicit consent. As a general rule, Wage Dashboard will not disclose your individual-level Personal Data to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
- Research partners or service providers process and/or store the information in order to help us provide, understand or improve Wage Dashboard's Services.
- We are required to do so by law or we do so in coordination with regulatory authorities (see the section below titled "Information Disclosure Required By Law").
- You have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
- Wage Dashboard may disclose Personal Data for the following reasons:
- Wage Dashboard Research. Wage Dashboard may aggregated data for service intended to be published in a peer-reviewed scientific conference and journal to research collaborators or as a result of publication.
Information Disclosure Required By Law
Under certain circumstances Personal Data may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities. You acknowledge and agree that Wage Dashboard is free to preserve and disclose any and all Personal Data to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that Wage Dashboard may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (b) enforce the Wage Dashboard TOS; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Wage Dashboard, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public. In the event we are required by law to make a disclosure, we will notify you through the contact information you have provided to us in advance, unless doing so would violate the law or a court order.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You can use the browser that you are viewing this website with to enable, disable or delete cookies. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website and other parts of the website may also not work properly.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, Wage Dashboard uses a range of reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your Personal Data, in accordance with current technological and industry standards.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Data is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party and should immediately notify Wage Dashboard of any unauthorized use of your password. Wage Dashboard cannot secure Personal Data that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was last updated September 04, 2018
. Whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted as part of this Privacy Statement and on our website for 30 days. After 30 days the changes will become effective.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact us at this address:
Living Analytics Research Centre
School of Information Systems
Singapore Management University
80 Stamford Road